Rules for bike trailers in the Czech Republic
- Maximum width is 900 mm. This is rather new, previously it was 800.
- Two red reflectors at the back, as far apart as possible and of a non-triangular shape.
- Red light during low visibility conditions, if the trailer blocks rear light of the bike. The light should be near the left edge of the trailer.
- Safe connection with the bike. That means no ropes, rubber bands, duct tape or holding the drawbar by hand. Simply, it must not fall apart.
- Warning flag, if there are children in the trailer. It should be at least 300×300 mm big and about 150 cm above the ground.
A trailer may carry no more than two children, max. ten years old. The rider pulling it must be older than 18 years.
Full wording: zákon 361/2000 (Czech only).